Re-blogged from: ABAGOND
“Shit White Girls Say … to Black Girls” (2012) is a YouTube video by American blogger Chescaleigh, who calls it “basically my life story in 2 minutes.” Putting on a long blond wig she repeated the well-meaning but racist things (called microaggressions) that white girls have said to her:
- Not to to be racist but…
- Not to sound racist but…
- Not to sound racist…
- My grandma hates collards. Wait, is that racist?
- Why isn’t there a White Entertainment Television?
- The Jews were slaves, too. You don’t hear us complaining about it all the time.
- Is it, like, bad to do blackface? Is that still, like, a thing?
- You can say the n-word but I can’t? How is that okay?
- My best friend was black. I mean she’s still black, but we’re not really friends anymore.
- (Talking about her skin) Oh my god, I’m practically black! Twinsies!
- I told you to stop borrowing my lotion!
The word “ghetto”:
- Why is my computer acting so ghetto?
- (While shopping) This is so ghetto.
- (Showing a hand bag) Ghetto!
- I’m not really into black guys, though.
- So cute for a black guy, right?